I wasn't expecting to do this game jam, but I wanted to try out some new stuff this time around. Instead of pixel art I used vector shapes this time around. I also made all of the music and sfx too. This was my first time using garage band and I guess making anything close to music to hopefully it sounds alright~
The theme was "running out of space". The interpretation I went for was "space" being stars and such and not a physical/digital "space". So in the case of the game, you're "running out of space" as you fill the sky with constellations.
Everything was created during the jam! I hope you enjoy it!
- ART/PROGRAMMING/MUSIC/ETC: twitter.com/paigemarincak
- SPECIAL THANKS: twitter.com/ciemarincak for helping me with the idea
- ENGINE: GameMaker Studio 2
- ART: Photoshop
- MUSIC: Garage Band
How to Play
- Use the left mouse button to click and drag on stars to create constellations!
- Constellations must have 3 stars or more!
Your score is a combination of all of the scores of the constellations you have made. Each constellation gets points as follows:
- 10pts for each star
- 10pts for each line
- 2pts * 500 / distance of each line (i.e. shorter lines get more points)
- 0.1pts * the angle between two consecutive lines (i.e. the larger your angles the more points)
- 10pts for each loop
And from this total value, you lose 50pts for each star that could’ve been in a constellation but wasn’t.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.